You probably think I’m barmy, why would you buy your significant other a plate when some chocolates or flowers would suffice?
Sure, you could buy that standard gift from the supermarket, but does that really tell your partner you love them? Not really.
And that’s why I’m rating tableware as the number 1 gift this Valentine’s Day. Here’s some reasons why…
- It’s a surprise! – Your partner will expect some cheap gift from the card shop, this is bound to shock them.
- It’s more thoughtful – Show them you’ve put some thought into the gift and not run out into town the night before…
- Shows you know them – If you can find something that’s bang to their taste, it shows you listen to what they like, and you may know them better than they know themselves.
- It’s long lasting – flowers get binned after a week and chocolates last a matter of hours, get something that will last forever. Your partner will remember the gift every time they eat, they won’t remember flowers…
- It’s useful – everyone needs tableware, even if you have loads already there’s nothing like sprucing up your kitchen cupboards with something new.
So, although it’s not a conventional present, you can definitely see the appeal.
Whatsmore, show you romantic side and cook your partner a meal and use their present to serve up the meal – 2 presents in 1!
I would recommend the new Terra Porcelain Rose plates and cups, pretty pink perfect for the season (as seen above.)
Or for something a bit cheaper, the heart cocktail stirrers are currently on sale, fun and perfect for the cocktail lover in your life.
So, go for it! Go and get the person you love what they really want this Valentine’s Day.